Post-Holiday Events to Enjoy In Houston
If you’re feeling down about the holidays being over in Houston, as your Houston real estate team, we’re here to cheer you up! Houston is beautiful year-round, which is why there are still plenty of events and activities for you to enjoy all month long. So put your new wardrobe to use by getting out and enjoy all that Houston has to offer this January!
Here are some options:
- If you enjoy holiday light displays, get excited! You can enjoy Field of Light at Discovery Green until Feb. 21! Internationally-acclaimed artist Bruce Munro has installed this display along the Brown Promenade, complete with 4,500 frosted glass spheres atop stems connected by illuminated fiber optic. They bloom once the sun goes down! There are live performances all season long at the display as well.
- Head to Galveston between Jan. 9 and Jan. 23 for Galveston Restaurant Week! Participating restaurants will offer prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus anywhere from $10 to $40. This area of Texas is most noted for its seafood, so there will be many of those options! If you post a photo of your food to Instagram, you could even win a cruise giveaway for two. Start making reservations!
- From Jan. 8 to Jan 10, you can enjoy the Houston Symphony’s Tribute to John Williams at Jones Hall. John Williams has written some of the most famous soundtracks in cinematic history, such as from Jurassic Park, Jaws, E.T., Star Wars and Harry Potter. Enjoy all of your favorite movie soundtracks from our own Houston Symphony! It’s anybody’s guess which song will be in your head when you go home.
- Here in Houston, you don’t have to bundle up in layers when you want to go ice skating! Throw a sweater on and head over to Ice at Discovery Green through Feb. 7. The 7,716-square-foot rink is the largest in the Southwest, is made with recycled water from Kinder Lake, and is kept at the perfect frozen temperature using renewable energy. It’s open daily and skate rentals are available.
- Do you think you have a good voice? Start practicing then, because NBC’s ‘The Voice’ auditions take place in Houston on Jan. 9! They are looking for solo artists and duos to perform any type of music. They want to know your story and why you should be The Voice. Make sure you’re eligible to be a contestant on the show, and then sign up for an audition! They’ll take place at Minute Maid Park.
As you can see, there are still plenty of events around Houston to enjoy and look forward to. If you’re ready to buy a Houston home, or to sell your Houston home, or to do both, contact us! We’re your Houston real estate team, standing by, ready to help you with all of your real estate needs.