Plan Your Father’s Day in Houston This Weekend!
If you haven’t planned your Father’s Day in Houston yet, you’re in luck. As your Houston real estate team, we’ve put together a list of events and activities to partake in, and restaurants and bars to visit with dad. Houston always has so much to offer, and a holiday weekend is no exception. Take advantage and make this a Father’s Day that your dad will never forget!
1. If your dad is a yogi at heart, bring him to the International Day of Yoga at the George R. Brown Convention Center! It’s free from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Just bring your mat and enjoy yoga sessions, meditation, food vendors and more. Registration is required.
2. Help celebrate Boyert Shooting Center’s one-year anniversary by bringing dad to their party from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be lots of sale items available in their warehouse, and dads shoot for free during the event. Everyone will receive a raffle ticket for firearm giveaways, and the Fat Wagon food truck will be on site to feed dad’s manly appetite.
3. If your dad is a history buff, bring him to the National Museum of Funeral History, where you can view a collection of Abe Lincoln artifacts all weekend long, and you can meet an Honest Abe impersonator. A photo with Abe will be a lasting memory! With one paid admission, dads can get in for just a “Lincoln,” a $5 bill or a penny.
4. Dads can also enjoy free admission to Bayou Bend on Father’s Day. From 1 to 5 p.m., bring the whole family to enjoy a stroll through the gardens while sipping complementary lemonade and listening to live music. It’s always free for children nine and under!
5. Head to the Pasadena Convention Center for a wrestling event on Father’s Day, hosted by WWE’s Daniel Puder. You will have the chance to meet and get autographs from professional wrestlers while enjoying exhibits, booths and activities. It’s a family-friendly event! Hours are 3 to 7 p.m. and tickets are $25.
6. Find out if dad loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit? A free screening of this 1988 classic will take place at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. The film features cameos from Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Betty Boop, Popeye and many others, so everyone of all ages can sit down and enjoy it!
As your Houston real estate team, we hope you enjoy your Father’s Day weekend in Houston, no matter what you decide to do. When ready to accomplish your goals in the Houston real estate market, give us a call! We’d love to help you out!
[wnt_search title=”QuickSearch” view=”basic” /]