Perks To Buying a Houston Home in Fall
Are you ready to buy a Houston home? As your Houston real estate team, we are here to tell you that the fall season is a great time to do so! There are many perks to buying in the fall season, which RISMedia nicely summarized recently. We’d like to fill you in on some of these perks today.
1. Tax Breaks. By purchasing a Houston home now, you’ll get to enjoy tax breaks for this year, which include mortgage interest and property tax deductions. If you wait until next year to buy, you’ll have to wait another year to claim the deductions.
2. Bidding War Break. Bidding wars occur most often during the summer months, when everyone is out to buy a Houston home! In the fall and winter, activity slows down. This is good news for a buyer, because you could purchase a home for far less than if you were in a bidding war with another buyer.
3. Bargaining Power. Not only might you pay less for a Houston home when not in a bidding war, but you also have more negotiating power with the Houston home seller when fewer buyers are in the market. Also, if the seller was hoping to sell in the summer, they might lower the price for fall.
4. Emotional Happiness. Buying a Houston home isn’t just about money! It’s about happiness, too. If you buy your new home now, you’ll be in it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s. You can decorate a new house for the holidays. You might even get to go trick-or-treating in a new neighborhood if you act fast!
5. Cooler Temperatures. This perk doesn’t ring true everywhere in the country, but it certainly does in Houston! In the summer, you have to sweat profusely while walking in and out of numerous showings and open houses. The whole process is so much more enjoyable in the fall!
6. Mortgage Bonuses. Another perk for buying right now is that mortgage rates are holding steady, and mortgage standards are lessening, making it easier for buyers to qualify for a mortgage!
A recent study from RealtyTrac found that after analyzing home sales since 2000, they came to the conclusion that overall, October is the best month to score the best deal on a home!
So, what are you waiting for? Contact us, your Houston real estate team! We can answer any questions you may have about the Houston real estate market and the home-buying process, and then we can help guide you through every step of the process. So make your real estate dreams come true and give us a call!
[wnt_list keyid=”1″ maptype=”disabled” ownertype=”all” paginated=”false” sortoptions=”false” maxresults=”50″ /]