Celebrate Memorial Day Weekend In Houston!
As your Houston real estate team, we’d like to share some of the events and activities taking place around Houston during the long holiday weekend coming up! Many Houston residents consider Memorial Day weekend the unofficial beginning of summer. Mark your calendar with these events, and then come the weekend, get out and enjoy all that Houston has to offer!
1. Carnival Houston takes place from tomorrow, May 21, to Sunday, May 24. Kick off summer with a masquerade bash, the Miss Houston Caribbean Queen pageant, a neon paint party, a street parade and festival, an after party, and a fun day of picnicking and playing games! Proceeds benefit the Endangered Species Media Project. Some events $20 to $50, while others are free!
2. The Summer Tribute Series at CityCentre kicks off this weekend with five tribute bands in five days! The lineup includes Legendary Rhythm Bandits, Rubber Biscuits, Already Gone, The Spicolis and The Fab 5. It’s free, all you have to do is show up and enjoy the music!
3. Newsies – The Musical is playing at the Hobby Center Thursday through Sunday, for those of you who are looking for an event in the cool indoor air conditioning! This Broadway musical has won two Tony Awards, so you know you’re in for a great performance! Tickets start at $30.
4. Bubble Run at Sam Houston Race Park will make you feel good about getting physical activity in, while at the same time, offering you a unique, fun experience rather than a competitive race! You’ll slip and slide through tons of bubbles as foam flows all around you throughout the 5k course. Registration is $50 and free for kids six and under with an adult registering.
5. Zydeco Blues Music and Bike Festival on Lake Houston will feature music from Kenne Wayne, Step Rideau, Dana Jackson and more on Saturday, May 24. While there, you can enjoy some barbecue or crawfish, rent a jetski, check out some bikes and more. Cost is only $10 and the fest runs from noon to 10 p.m.
6. On Monday, Memorial Day, head to a local museum that is normally closed but will be open just for the holiday! This includes the Museum of Fine Arts, with admission costing $15 for adults, $10 for senior and military, $7.50 for students and free for children 12 and under. It’s open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7. The Children’s Museum of Houston is open on Monday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with $10 admission and $9 for seniors and military. This is a great place to relax and cool off as an adult while the kids burn off some holiday steam!
Whether you attend one of these events, you lounge by a pool, or you take a drive to the ocean, as your Houston real estate team, we hope you fully enjoy your holiday weekend. When ready to buy a Houston home, or when ready to sell your Houston home, give us a call. We’re here to help!
[wnt_featured keyid=”1″ autoplay=”true” direction=”left” speed=”5″ ownertype=”agent_broker” maxresults=”50″ /]