Add Home Value to Your Houston Home with Exterior Upgrades
Summer is a great season for exterior home improvement projects, especially if you plan on selling your Houston home soon! As your Houston real estate team, we want to offer you some suggestions, so that you choose projects that will yield a return on investment. If you’re going to spend your time and money upgrading your Houston home, you might as well choose projects that will earn you money back!
- Front Door. The average return on resale is a whopping 102 percent! This is the best improvement for ROI, plus an energy-efficient option can save you 10 percent on energy bills, and it adds a level of home security. Average cost is $1,230. Use this HouseLogic guide to help you choose the right front door for your Houston home.
- Landscaping. The average return on resale for good landscaping is 100 percent! Plus, with landscaping and curb appeal, you could sell your home 10 to 15 percent faster. The average cost is $3,502, but you could easily cut this cost down with some DIY work.
- Repaint. By repainting your exterior, you could see a 90 percent return on investment. You want to choose warm and inviting colors, like taupe. Average cost is $2,000.
- Home Automation. By turning your home into a smart home with electronic locks that connect to your smartphone, you could see a 100 percent return on investment. Younger Houston homebuyers are especially interested in this. Average cost is $3,172.
- Fencing. By adding a privacy fence, you could see a 100 percent return on investment. Wood or stone fencing provides the best ROI, somewhere between four to nine feet high. Average cost is $2,450.
- Windows. Updated windows have an average return on resale at 90 percent, but the project costs a whopping $9,700. Another perk, if choosing Energy Star windows, is they can save you $125 to $465 per year on your energy bill!
- Pressure Wash. By pressure washing your exterior, including the home, driveway, walkway and porch, you could see a 100 percent return on resale. This project only costs an average of $236 but makes a big difference with curb appeal.
As you can see, you have many options as a Houston homeowner, in many different budget ranges. Your best bet is to figure out how much you can afford to pay toward exterior home improvements, notice what your Houston home needs most, and decide what you can do on your own, and what you’ll need to hire a professional for.
[wnt_grid keyid=”1″ maptype=”disabled” ownertype=”all” paginated=”false” sortoptions=”false” maxresults=”50″ /]